Humanitarian Challenges in Contexts of Conflict and Complex Emergency: Diplomacy, Containment, Data
The Annual Meeting of the Norwegian Centre for Humanitarian Studies (NCHS) Research Network on Humanitarian Efforts.
This event aims to gather researchers to present ongoing work related to humanitarian efforts broadly speaking, and to exchange on common challenges and how to better address issues raised in the humanitarian sector.
This event is free and open to all. For more information and registration.
• 09:00 Welcome and introduction, Antonio De Lauri
• 09:10 The annual activities of the NCHS, Maria Gabrielsen Jumbert
• 09:15 Humanitarian Negotiations: Practices and Challenges
Panel: Elizabeth C. Dunn, Claude Bruderlein, Cristina Churruca, Salla Turunen
Moderator: Antonio Donini
• 10:45 State’s Humanitarian Diplomacy
Panel: Sultan Barakat, Deniz Gokalp, Meliha Altunisik
Moderator: Antonio De Lauri
• 12:00 Lunch
• 13:00 SuperCamp: Humanitarian Containment in the Middle East
Roundtable: Are Knudsen, Rebecca Bryant, Kamel Dorai, Benjamin White, Kjersti Berg, Synnøve Bendixsen
• 14:00 The Place of Data and Digital Bodies in Humanitarian Operations
Kristin B. Sandvik and Larissa Fast
• 14:45 Coffee break
• 15:15 Annual Lecture: Is Independent Medical Humanitarian Assistance Possible in Today’s Conflicts?
Discussant: Dorothea Hilhorst
Photo: UN Photo/Shareef Sarhan. Gaza Residents Inspect Remains After Israeli Air Strikes